INTERNATIONAL FORUM ‘RUSSIA-AFRICA: SCIENCE – EDUCATION – COOPERATION’
International Forum ‘Russia-Africa: Science – Education – Cooperation’ is
- Meeting aimed at searching for new forms of cooperation in the field of human capital development for the African region economy, combined with the discussion of the perspectives of mutual implementation of a scientific and educational elements into industrial projects in African countries, creation of programs for professional navigation for students to meet the needs of the African region economy.
- Held on the margins of the ‘Russia – Africa’ Summit (October 23-24, 2019, Sochi), co-chaired by the President of Russia Vladimir Putin and the President of Egypt and the Chairperson of the African Union Abdel Fattah el-Sisi.
The Forum consists of one plenary meeting, five thematic sections, the International Festival ‘I want to work in Africa’ with a round table discussion held by the Moscow Chamber of Commerce and Industry, five masterclasses, business games organized by hiring companies, a job fair and an exhibition of African countries communities of the RUDN.
Types of Sections:
Section 1. ‘Africa and Russia: Strategies for Development, History and Prospects for Cooperation’
A set of questions connected to the history of international affairs between Russia and African countries, an intercultural dialog and educational strategies for cooperation between Russia and African countries with special emphasis on a gender perspective and its effects on the development of African countries in terms of globalization will be discussed.
Section 2. ‘Modern Technologies in Engineering’
A set of questions connected to the usage of modern technologies in engineering based on geographic and climatic conditions of African countries will be discussed. Training of engineering staff for needs of African region’s economy, application of space activity development in various industries, agriculture and environmental management in Africa, creation of a system engineering of a human living environment in warm countries, application of innovative technologies and modern energy resources are other topics set for discussion.
Section 3. ‘Russia – Africa: Development of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Industry through Science, Education and Innovations’
Speakers will share their experience in managing development and production of innovative medical products with a focus on a possibility of transferring technologies for establishing national medical manufacturing in African region. Thematical cluster “Medicine” in African countries, International Educational Center for Human Virology founded by the RUDN’s Institute for Medicine will be presented.
Section 4. ‘Development of the Agroindustrial complex’
The focus of the section is to develop approaches connected to the set of issues in the field of food, biological and technological safety In African countries, to help forming a stable relationship between science and production, and the training of highly qualified personnel in the sphere of agribusiness.
Section 5. ‘Environmental Security and Sustainable Environmental Management’
The section aims at presenting and discussing practical and scientific experience in overcoming urgent problems in the field of energy and resource conservation, waste management in Russia and African countries, training highly qualified personnel in order to contribute to sustainable development.
Co-organizers of the Forum:
1. The Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation
2. Russian Foundation for Basic Research (RFBR)
3. Russian Academy of Sciences
4. Peoples' Friendship University of Russia
5. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation
6. The Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation
7. Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation
8. The Federal Agency for the Commonwealth of Independent States, Compatriots Living Abroad and International Humanitarian Cooperation ‘Rossotrudnichestvo’
9. Moscow Chamber of Commerce
10. International Club of Employers
11. INCORVUZ XXI
12. Consortium of Russian Educational Organizations for the Joint Implementation of the Cluster Approach in the Field of Science, Education, Industrial, Scientific and Educational International Partnership
13. Russian Universities
14. Moscow City Center for AIDS Prevention and Control, Department of Health, Moscow
15. High-Tech Center ‘ChemRar’
Number of Participants: 1000 people
Participants from 30 countries, including Algeria, Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso Burundi, Haiti, Gambia, Ghana, Germany, Egypt, Zambia, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Jordan, Congo, Republic of Cote d'Ivoire, Lebanon, Mali, Morocco, Namibia, Nigeria, Russia, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Ethiopia, South Africa.
You can find the program of the Forum at http://conf.rudn.ru/ru-africa
The information concerning the Festival is situated at http://work-in-africa.com/
To participate in the Forum please get registered at http://conf.rudn.ru/ru-africa/reg
Main Issues for Discussion:
Target Audience: representatives of the diplomatic corps, bodies of state authority of the Russian Federation and African countries, Russian Academy of Sciences, the Academy of Education, leading scientific centers and universities of Russia and of African countries, socially responsible business whose representatives are interested in joint projects in African countries, graduate and postgraduate students from Russian and foreign universities.
Moderator: Vladimir Mikhailovich Filippov, Professor, Academician of the Russian Academy of Education, Rector of the RUDN University
© Служба проректора по международной деятельности